Five player franchises would target in Mid-season transfer window (Pic Source: Twitter)
With the IPL 2020 approaching its business end this Sunday, the franchise will rejig and reconsider their team combinations and strategies depending on their position in points table.
By this Sunday, every franchise would have played 7 matches and this is the time, when Mid-season transfer window enters the frame. The transfer window will allow franchises to transfer or loan players from other franchises.
Usually, every franchise has squad strength of 20-25 players and not all of them havegot a chance to play in first XI. Some of them might even end up sitting on side–lines whole of the tournament.On the other hand, some franchises like Chennai Super Kings, Kings XI Punjab, Royal Challengers Bangalore are in dire need of some quality players to strengthen their first XI.
This time BCCI has allowed loan or transfer of both capped and uncapped players with a restriction that the player shouldn’t have played more than two matches in ongoing season of IPL.The mid-season window will be open from Sunday night and here are a few players that might make a difference if traded-
1. Ajinkya Rahane: The star Indian Batsman was traded by Delhi Capitals from Rajasthan Royals ahead of this season. But he has failed to get a game as DC’s preferred opening pair of Prithvi Shaw and Shikhar Dhawan has done exceedingly well to keep him on side-lines.On the other hand, after their opening troubles in recent matches, Royals would want their star batsman back in their setup.
2. Lockie Ferguson: The speedster form New Zealand is a part of Kolkata Knight Riders franchise currently but he hasn’t got a game. And with the kind of reserves KKR has, he is unlikely to get a game unless something goes horribly wrong. On the other hand, teams like Kings XI Punjab and Royal Challengers Bangalore, who have struggled in death overs, would be keen on getting him into the squad.
3. Sherfane Rutherford:The hard-hitting 22-year-old southpaw was termed a future star by Delhi Capitals coach Ricky Ponting. But surprisingly, DC traded him to Mumbai Indians ahead of this season. Sherfane Rutherfordhasn’t managed to get a game in this IPL. With teams like Sunrisers Hyderabad, who are looking for a pace bowling all-rounder, and Kings XI Punjab might show interest in him.
4. David Miller: An IPL legend of his time, has failed to regularly slot in the XI in past two seasons. This time he is with Rajasthan Royals and was trusted as their finisher in one match but grabbed a dug on his debut for Rajasthan Royals. If traded, Chennai Super Kings might be interested in him after their middle order troubles this season.
5. Nathan Coulter Nile: After missing initial phase of IPL 2020 due to a side strain, Coulter Nile is back in MI setup. However, he will find it difficult to break in XI as the trio of JaspritBumrah, James Pattinson and Trent Boult have gelled well to keep him on side-lines.With Mitchell Mclaghanalso available in MI setup, they could trade Nathan Coulter-Nile to Royal Challengers Bangalore, who has done worst in death bowling so far.