World’s biggest cricket league – INDIAN PREMIER LEAUGE is the most entertaining tournament and the biggest cricketing carnival. IPL is more than just a cricket tournament, especially for Indians. The 2019 season of Indian Premier League also known as IPL-12, will be the 12th season of the IPL. This time Indian Premier League 2019 will start form March 23rd, 2019.
First IPL season started in year 2008. In first match of that season, Brendom McCullum smashed 158 runs. After that, in every season of IPL, old records are broken and new records are made. Brendon McCullum record was broken by Chris Gayle. He scored 175 runs in 66 balls. This time also many records are going to broke in IPL 2019. Cricketstorm find out top records which are going to be broken this time in IPL 2019.
Here, have a look to the records that are going to be broke this time in IPL 2019 :-
- Suresh Raina needs 15 runs to complete 5000 runs and become the first player to achieve this feat.
- Virat Kohli needs 52 runs to achieve to complete 5000 runs and become the first player to achieve this feat. All eyes of fans will be on the opening match of IPL 2019 on 23rd march of CSK vs RCB to see who achieves this target first – Virat Kohli or Suresh Raina.
- MS Dhoni needs 14 sixes to complete 200 sixes and become first Indian player to achieve this feat.
- Rohit Sharma & Suresh Raina needs 15 & 16 sixes respectively to complete 200 sixes in IPL and become the first Indian player to achieve this feat. So let’s see who accomplishes this feat first Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina or MS Dhoni.
- David Warner needs only one half century to hit most half centuries in IPL. Till now, he and Gautam Gambhir both hold the record of most half centuries. Both have hit 36 half centuries so far.
- Raviendar Jadeja needs 7 wickets to complete 100 wickets in IPL.
- Virat Kohli needs just 3 centuries to become highest century hitter in IPL. Till now, Chris Gayle holds this record who has hit 6 centuries in IPL.