MI won the match against RCB yesterday in chinnaswamy stadium by 6 runs. However, the win of MI was overshadowed by a controversy. MI set a target of 188 runs for RCB. Yuvraj Singh scored 3 back to back sixes. Rohit Sharma scored 48 runs in 33 balls. Coming to chase, Virat Kohli scored 46 runs in 32 balls and AB de Villiers scored 70 runs in just 41 balls. Virat Kohli got out when RCB score was just 116 runs. However AB de Villiers remained not out in the match but there was no one on the other end to support him.
Finally in the last bowl of last over RCB needed 6 runs to win. Shivam Dubey was on strike and Lasith Malinga’s bowl. But Shivam Dubey was not successful in hitting the bowl to a six and MI won the match. However the result would have been different if umpire has noticed the overstepping of Malinga in last bowl. In the replay it was clearly seen that Malinga overstepped the crease but umpire didn’t noticed it.
Now let’s talk about some stats that were made in yesterday’s match:-
- Virat Kohli completed his 5000 runs in IPL yesterday. He is the second player after Suresh Raina to achieve this feat. Virat Kohli achieved this feat in just 157 innings of 165 matches he has played and became the fastest player to achieve this feat. Suresh Raina achieved this feat in 174 innings of 178 matches he has palyed. Virat Kohli completed this achievement playing for a single team and became the first player to do so.
- AB de Villiers became the third overseas player to score 4000 runs in IPL. Apart from him only David Warner and Chris Gayle has achieved this feat so far in IPL.
- AB de Villiers has become the highest run scorer against Lasith Malinga in IPL. He has scored 99 runs against Malinga in IPl.
- Hardik pandya hit the longest six of IPL 2019 so far in yesterday match. He hit a six of 104 meter in yesterday match.
- Yuzvendar Chahal became the third Indian bowler to take 50+ wicket on a single stadium in T20 cricket.
- Pollard completed 2500 runs in IPL. He is the second player after Rohit Sharma to achieve this feat for MI.
- Yuzvender chahal took 4 wickets in 38 runs. It was third best figure of any MI bowler against RCB.
- It was the first time in IPL that AB de Villiers was on the crease while his team lost the match. Never ever have this happened before in IPL.