It was the first match of IPL 2019. More than first match it was captain cool vs captain aggressive match. Everyone thought that it will be high scoring encounter but RCB collapsed at 70 runs score. From Royal challengers Bangalore Parthiv Patel was the only player who scored runs in two digits. Pitch was very beneficiary for spinners and they took full advantage of it. In this match spinners took more wickets than fast bowlers. Harbhajan Singh & Imran Tahir each clinched 3 wickets and Ravindra Jadeja took 2 wickets. Chennai super kings easily achieved the target, from CSK Ambati Rayudu scored 28 runs. In next matches RCB will have to improve their batting line-up. It was CSK’s seventh consecutive win. Last time Royal challengers Bangalore won against Chennai super king in the IPL was in 2014.
Stats to be made in first match of IPL 2019 :-
- Royal challengers Bangalore and Delhi are the only teams that have got all-out below 80 runs score. Both teams have got all-out three times below 80 runs score. It was RCB’s third lowest score in IPL before it they collapsed at 49 runs in 2017 against KKR and at 70 runs against RR in 2014.
- Chennai super king is the only team that had defeated Royal challengers Bangalore 15 times. After it MI had defeated RCB 14 times.
- With 12.50% RCB’s win percentage is lowest against CSK in Chennai and MI’s percentage of win against CSK in Chennai is highest with 66.66%.
- Yuzvendra Chahal becomes the only bowler who has given least runs in any IPL match yesterday, he conceded only 6 runs after bowling 4 overs in yesterday’s match.
- Every time when Royal challengers Bangalore played opening match of any IPL season, they have lost the match. In this season they have lost third time. First time they lost in 2008 against KKR, second time they lost in 2017 against SRH.
- In yesterday match fewest boundaries were scored in a single match (only 9 fours and 2 sixes) in entire history of IPL.
- Yesterday it was the CSK’s 7th consecutive win against Royal challengers Bangalore.
Most consecutive wins vs a team in IPL:-
8 match : MI vs KKR (2015-18)*
8 match : RCB vs DD (2011-15)
8 match : KKR vs KXIP (2014-17)
7 match : CSK vs DD (2012-15)
7 match : RR vs DD (2013-18)
7 match : CSK vs RCB (2014-19)*
- In yesterday match Suresh Raina completed 5000 runs in IPL. He becomes the only player to achieve this feat.
Stay tune with us for more stats.