The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 auction concluded in Kolkata on Sunday. A total of 62 players were sold at the auction out of 331 shortlisted players. This auction was all about all-rounders and pace bowlers as they fetched attractive deals from the franchises. out of 62, 29 players are overseas, with as many as 13 players from Australia. Apart from foreign players Indian under-19 stars also had a great auction with the likes of Virat Singh, Ravi Vishnoi and others getting huge deals.
Australian pacer Pat Cummins was the costliest buy for INR 15.5 Cr., followed by his countryman Glenn Maxwell who was roped in by Kings XI Punjab at INR 10.75Cr. In Indian players, leg-spinner Piyush Chawla got a staggering deal of INR 6.75 Cr from CSK.
However, there were a host of players who went unsold at the auction failing to find a buyer. Some International and National Players failed to fetch a deal from the franchises.
Also Read – Delhi Capitals confirms their captain for IPL 2020
We have made an XI consisting unsold players from the IPL 2020 auction:
1. Evin Lewis: The left handed opener from WI who also helped win last T20 world cup held in India will make the unsold player’s XI on the back of his T20 record. In 141 T20 innings he has aggregated 4116 at an average of 30.71 striking the ball at 143.06. He represented MI in last season but missed out on this time.
2. Martin Guptill: The New Zealander, who is known for big hitting, was part of the Sunrisers Hyderbad in the last season. He has been an excellent opener for his international team. He will partner Evin Lewis at the top.
3. Naman Ojha(wk): The wicket keeper batsman from Madhya Pradesh, will make the perfect no. 3 for the team. He will also don the gloves.
4. Manoj Tiwary: The dashing middle order batsman from West Bangal will own the no. 4 position for his astute middle order batting.
5. Yousuf Pathan: The spinning all-rounder from Baroda and an excellent finisher will do the job of finishing the innings at no.5.
6. Ben cutting: The Australian all-rounder will make the no.6 as he can provide some crucial overs along with his power hitting.
7. Stuart Binny: Former Rajasthan Royals all-rounder, who can also chip in with few medium pace overs at the start of the innings along with his finishing skills.
8. Barinder Saran: He was bought by Mumbai Indians in the 2019 IPL auction after his superb show with the ball in IPL 2018. This time he was tad unlucky to miss out on IPL 2020.
9. Kulwant Kejroliya: Left-arm fast bowler from Jhunjhunu Rajasthan was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore in IPL 2019 auction but after his poor returns he was released for this auction.
10. K C Carrippa: The mystery spinner from Karnataka was bought by KKR in 2015 auction for INR 2.4 Cr but he did little justice to his price tag and franchise released him ahead of IPL 2020 auction. This time he failed to attract any bids.
11. Mushfiqur Rahman: Left-arm pacer from who was part of Sunrisers Hyderabad in the recent season will form the pace bowling department along with Barinder Saran and Kulwant Kejroliya.
12th man – Colin Munro: He will serve as a backup for the team as he can bat at the top of the order and as a finisher as well. He can also contribute some overs of medium pace as well.