World’s biggest cricket league – INDIAN PREMIER LEAUGE is the most entertaining tournament and the biggest cricketing carnival. IPL is more than just a cricket tournament, especially for indians. 1st IPL season started in year 2008, in 1st match of 1st season of INDIAN PREMIER LEAUGE, Brendom Mccullum smashed 158 runs. After that in every season of IPL, old records are broken and new records are made. In every INDIAN PREMIER LEAUGE, new astonishing players are seen from all over the cricketing world. So far only two teams – CSK & MI have won the title IPL thrice. CSK is the most successful team of INDIAN PREMIER LEAUGE because in all season in which Chennai Super Kings played, they have qualified for play – offs.
Here are some interesting facts about INDIAN PREMIER LEAUGE:-
- Virat Kohli is the only captain who has scored 4 centuries. Other players who have scored centuries as captain are Sachin Tendulkar, Virendra Sehwag, Adam Gilchrist and David Warner.
- Mustafizur Rahman is the only overseas player to win emerging player Award in INDIAN PREMIER LEAUGE.
- SRH is the only team to not be dismissed in less than 100 runs in IPL history.
- Delhi Daredevils is the only team that has never reached in INDIAN PREMIER LEAUGE final.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar is the only bowler who has won the purple cap twice in IPL.
- Chennai Super Kings is the only team in INDIAN PREMIER LEAUGE history that had never changed its captain.
- Virat Kohli is the only player who holds the most runs scored (973) in one IPL season (2016).
- Sachin Tendulkar is the first Indian player who won an orange cap in INDIAN PREMIER LEAUGE.
- David Warner and Chris Gayle has won orange cap twice.
Please give your valuable feedback below in comment box.